How To Get There
You can access the spot via road as well as air route. It will take 2.5 – 3 hours of your journey if you make a decision to explore the park via road. You will have to drive Nairobi to Lake Nakuru which has a distance of 157 kilometers between both poles. One can also plan the trip by air and fly from Wilson to Lake Nakuru Nauishis’ Airstrip which is located to the south of the Park.
Major Attractions in Lake Nakuru National Park
Following physical features are the eye-catching ones for the visitors of this park:
- Mammals: there are around 56 different varieties of the mammals present in the park. They can be recognized as black and white rhinos, Cape Buffaloes, lions, leopards, warthogs, olive baboons, elands, reedbucks, black backed jackal.
- Flamingoes and Birds: The Park serves as a residence to more than a million flamingoes. Flotilla of Flamingoes lines near the coast and gives a pinkish facade to the Lake.
- Reptiles: A large number of reptiles take shelter in the Park. This large number includes Python as well as Tortoise.
- You must not miss a view of the rift valley present there which gives the place a calm landscape.
- The Lion hill and Baboon cliff provide a vintage glimpse to the area.
Sites For Picnic
Enjoro River Mouth positioned near the main gate of the Park, Baboon Hills, Out Of Africa, Acacia, Loin Hill Summit serve as the sites for recreation inside the Park. The Menengai Crater is the highest point in the Park and serves as the platform through which you can view the gorgeous landscapes of the Lake and its surroundings.
Stuffs That Must Escort You
While you are exploring the Park you must make sure that you are accompanied with drinking water, picnic items and all sorts of the camping stuffs that may be needed. If you plan to stay for a night or more then take your Binoculars, camera, sunscreen and guidebooks.
Sketch out for a trip to this Paradise. You will surely carry a unforgettable trip of the place throughout the life.